Veg CD DP Belgian 85mins plus
Vegetarian Alcohol Dessert Pudding Belgium Europe
200g/7oz Plain Chocolate
75g/3oz Butter, melted
Digestive Biscuits or Wafer cookies, crushed
For the Filling
225g/8oz Caster Sugar
250g/9oz Cream Cheese
90ml/3fl.oz. Hazelnut Liqueur
8 squares Plain Chocolate
120ml/4fl.oz. Sour Cream
For the Topping
240ml/8fl.oz. Sour Cream
Grated Plain Chocolate
1. Preheat the
oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
2. Melt the butter
in a medium saucepan then add the biscuit crumbs and mix well.
Press the mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of a 22cm/9-inch
springform tin to within 1cm/1/2-inch of the top. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
3. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of boiling
water. Stir to melt.
4. In a large
mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until well blended and smooth.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
5. Beat in the liqueur and melted chocolate until well mixed then blend in the sour cream.
6. Pour onto the
crumb base, smooth top with a palette knife and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or just until
the centre has just set. Cool in the tin on a wire rack, then refrigerate for 8
7. To serve: run sharp knife around the edge of cake to loosen then remove the
sides of the tin. Spread the top of the cake with an even layer of sour cream
and decorate with grated chocolate and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.