Weekday Menu Recipe
Veiled Nectarines Veg
HT DP English 20mins
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetarian Fruit Dessert Pudding Eggless England British Europe
900g/2lb Nectarines, stoned
25g/1oz Granulated Sugar
50g/2oz Demerara Sugar
Crème Fraîche to serve
1. Chop the nectarine flesh into 1cm/½-inch pieces then place in a saucepan
together with the granulated sugar and water, bring to the boil, stirring, then
reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until just tender.
2. Place the breadcrumbs and Demerara sugar in a mixing bowl and mix together.
3. Heat the butter in a medium frying pan, add the crumb mixture and fry until
4. To serve – place alternate layers of the fruit and crumb mixtures in
individual serving dishes and top with Crème Fraîche.
More Dessert Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. And for
Metric/imperial users, you can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.