Venezuelan Chocolate Ice Cream
Veg CD DP Venezuelan 25mins
Makes approx 720ml/24fl.oz. Cold Vegetarian Dessert Gluten
Wheat Free Venezuela Sth American South America
480ml/16fl.oz. Single Cream
1 Vanilla Bean (pod)
2 Cinnamon Sticks
5 Whole Cloves
2 Whole Star Anise
5 Egg Yolks
175g/6oz Extra Bitter Chocolate, melted
1. Split the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds. Place the cream, vanilla
seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves and star anise in a medium saucepan and heat to
simmering point. Set aside.
2. Place egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
3. Gradually add the cream mixture to egg mixture, whisking constantly.
4. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over a medium heat, stirring
constantly, until mixture thickens.
5. Immediately strain the mixture into the melted chocolate and whisk well.
6. Allow to cool then freeze-churn in an ice cream machine, for about 20 minutes
or follow the manufacturers directions.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.