Wattleseed Ice Cream
Veg CD DP Australian 20mins plus freezing
Makes approx. 1.1L /40fl.oz. Cold Vegetarian Dessert Ices
Gluten Wheat Free Australia Oceania Pacific Rim
2 teasp Ground Wattleseed
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
1 teasp Wattleseed Extract (check ingredients)
A Pinch of Salt
5 Egg Yolks
1. Place the milk , ground wattle seed, vanilla, wattleseed extract, sugar, and
salt in a large saucepan and slowly bring to boiling point, stirring. Remove
from the heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks then, gradually add the hot milk
mixture whisking constantly.
3. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over a medium heat,
stirring, 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a
4. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, allow to get cold then transfer to
an ice cream machine and freeze-churn for 20 minutes or according to the
Alternatively, once cold, transfer to a freezer proof plastic container, cover
and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove from the freezer and beat vigorously
to break up any ice crystals. Cover and re-freeze until required.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.