Whiskey Baked Figs
Veg HT DP 20mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Fruit
Alcohol Nuts Dessert Eggless
Butter for greasing
120ml/4 fl.oz. Whiskey
12 small Fresh Figs, halved
2 tbsp Toasted Chopped Hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7 and lightly grease a wide shallow
ovenproof dish with butter. The dish should be large enough to take all the figs
in a single layer.
2. Place the honey and whiskey in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring
constantly then remove from the heat.
3. Place the figs in the buttered dish, cut side up, drizzle with the honey
mixture and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on
size, or just until tender. It won't take long.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before serving.
Dessert Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily.
Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.