Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Alcohol Nuts Eggless
450g/1lb Whole Chestnuts, peeled and skinned
6 tbsp Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
4 tbsp Amaretto Liqueur
240ml/8fl.oz. Double Cream
Plain Chocolate to serve
Extra Whipped Cream to serve
1. Place the chestnuts in a saucepan with enough water
to cover, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for
20-30 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain well then transfer to a blender or food processor together
with the sugar, cocoa and Amaretto. Process until smooth.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the cream until stiff then fold into the
4. Transfer the mixture to individual dessert glasses and
refrigerate until set.
5. To serve - top with whipped cream and grate some chocolate over
Makes a festive dessert at Christmas.
End of instructions