Apple and Barley Pudding Veg
HT DP Irish 40mins plus
Vegetarian Fruit Desserts Puddings
Ireland British Europe
4 tbsp Pearl
lb Apples, peeled cored and sliced
2 tbsp Lemon
4 tbsp Double
1. Place the barley and water in a saucepan and bring to the
2. Add the sliced apples and continue cooking gently until the barley and apples are soft, about 30 minutes.
3. Pass through a sieve, or process in a liquidiser until smooth.
4. Return to the pan together with the sugar and lemon juice and bring to the boil.. Remove from the heat, allow to cool, then transfer to a serving dish and chill.
5. To serve - stir the cream through the apple mixture and serve cold.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.