Baked Jam Roly Poly HT
Puddings Dairy free Eggless England British Europe
175g/6oz Self Raising Flour
A pinch of Salt
75g/3oz Shredded Suet
A little water to mix
5 tbsp Jam
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6. Place the
flour, suet and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Make a well in
the centre of the mixture then gradually add enough water to form a soft dough.
2. Knead lightly until smooth.
3. Turn onto a floured surface and roll out to an oblong about 22x28cm/9 x 11
4. Spread the jam out on the dough leaving a 2.5cm/1 inch border then roll up
from the shorter end. Seal with cold water.
5. Wrap the roll in a piece of folded
parchment/greaseproof paper then wrap in folded foil and place in a roasting
tin, seam down. Bake for 40 minutes, undoing the foil and paper 15 minutes
before the end of the cooking time. Serve hot with custard.
N.B. This can also be steamed or boiled. Make a large pleat in greaseproof paper
or a clean tea towel to allow for expansion, wrap the pudding loosely, tying
each end with string (like a Xmas cracker). Allow 2
hours cooking time.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.