Baked Pears in Coffee Veg CD DP
30mins plus chilling
Vegetarian Desserts Wheat Gluten Free Eggless
Pears, peeled, halved and core removed
Very Strong Fresh Black Coffee
Double Cream, whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
2. Arrange the pears, cut sides down, in a shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Place the coffee and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil
then pour over the pears. Cover with aluminium foil and bake in the oven
for 10 minutes or until the pears
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pears to a serving dish and set
aside to cool.
5. Place the coffee liquid in a saucepan, bring to the boil and continue
to boil until reduced by one third. It should be thick enough to coat the back
of a spoon.
6. Pour the reduced liquid over the pears, cool and refrigerate until well
7. To serve - spoon the coffee liquid over the pears again to re-glaze,
decorate with the
whipped cream and sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the top. Serve well chilled.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.