Cold Fruit Vegetarian Dessert Finland
oz Fresh Bilberries
Digestive Biscuits, crushed
Chantilly to serve
1. Wash the bilberries and remove the
stalks. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark
6 and grease a 23cm/9inch cake tin and dust with a little icing sugar.
2. Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the
icing sugar and beat well until thick then
stir in the crushed biscuits.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites
until stiff. Add a little of the whites to the egg yolk mixture to lighten it,
then fold in the rest. Very gently fold in the bilberries.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake
tin and bake in the oven for 40minutes.
5. To serve - leave to cool, then turn out and
serve with crème chantilly.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.