Chestnut Orange Chocolate Slice
CD Veg CBF DP 25mins plus chilling
Makes 12 Cold
Vegetarian Baked Fayre
Desserts Puddings Gluten
Wheat Free Eggless
Chocolate (Check ingredients label for GF)
The finely grated
rind and juice of 1 Orange
Whipped Cream to
1. Grease and line a 32.5 x 23cm/13" x 9" Swiss roll tin. Set
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the puree until soft. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and
fluffy. Set aside.
4. Break up the chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl. Set over a pan of
very hot (but not boiling) water and stir until melted.
5. Add the melted chocolate and chestnut puree to the creamed butter and
sugar together with the orange rind and juice. Beat until well blended.
6. Press the mixture into the prepared tin smoothing the mixture evenly. Refrigerate
for 8 hours until set.
7. To serve - cut into thin slices. Decorate with whipped cream and serve
either as a dessert for at teatime.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.