Chocolate Chestnut Pie
CD Veg DP 60mins
Hot Cold Nuts
Vegetarian Dessert Pudding
Chestnuts (steamed or boiled)
3 tbsp Cocoa
1 Egg, beaten
4 Tbsp Caster
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Roll the pastry out thinly and
use the pastry to line an 18cm/7 inch flan tin. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash the chestnuts until smooth.
3. Stir in the sugar and cocoa and add sufficient milk to make a thick cream.
4. Add the beaten egg to the bowl and mix well then pour into the pastry case
and bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Serve smaller than usual portions of this very
rich pie hot or cold.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.