Cinnamon Plum Ice Cream Veg CD DP
English 45mins plus chilling & freezing
Serves 6-8 Vegetarian Cold
Fruit Dessert Ices Gluten Wheat free
Eggless England British Europe
lb Dark Ripe Plums
200g/7oz Granulated Sugar
2 large Cinnamon Sticks
The Juice of 1 lemon
600ml/1pt whipping cream
1. Wash, halve and stone the plums. Place them in a large saucepan together with the sugar, water and cinnamon sticks, bring to then boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently until the fruits have softened.
2. Remove from the heat, bury the cinnamon sticks in the softened plums cover the pan then leave for about 30 minutes to infuse.
3. Remove the cinnamon, add the lemon juice then transfer to a food processor or blender and process until very smooth and pureed. Chill for about an hour.
4. Whip the cream until thickened, then fold in the chilled plum puree. Transfer the mixture into an ice cream machine and freeze-churn until ready.
Alternatively, pour into a rigid plastic box and freeze for about 4 hours, stirring once or twice.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.