Dessert Puddings Gluten Wheat Free
1 Vanilla Pod
4 Egg Yolks
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas mark 3.
2. Place the cream and vanilla pod in
a saucepan and heat the to hot but not boiling. Remove from the
heat and set aside.
3. In a large heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and 1
tablespoon of the sugar until
the mixture is pale and thick.
4. Set the bowl containing the egg yolk mixture over a saucepan of simmering
water then gradually pour the hot cream onto the eggs, stirring constantly with a
5. Continue to cook, stirring all the time, until the mixture thickens
enough to coat the back of the spoon. Be careful not to let it boil.
6. Strain the mixture into 4 individual ramekins and
bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow to cool then chill for at least 3 hours.
7. Preheat the grill to VERY hot.
8. Sprinkle the remaining sugar evenly over the surface of the chilled
9. Grill, 1 inch away from
the heat source, for 3-4 minutes until the sugar melts
and caramelises. Alternatively, use a brulee iron or a blow torch held
close to the surface of the sugar and constantly moved back and forth until the
sugar browns and bubbles. TAKE CARE if using this method.
Remove from the heat, cool and chill for a further hour before serving.
More Crème Brulée
Banana Brulee Veg
CD DP English 15mins plus cooling
Cardamom Creme Brulee Veg
CD DP 65mins plus cooling
Citrus Brulee Veg
CD DP 15mins plus cooling
White Chocolate Creme Brulee
Veg CD DP 65mins plus cooling
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.