Plum Spice Cake Veg HT
DP English 70mins
Makes 1 x
England British Europe
450g/1lb fresh Plums
325g/12oz Plain Flour
225g/8oz Caster Sugar
240ml/8fl.oz. Vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon baking Powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4
and line a 9-inch springform tin with aluminium foil.
2. Halve the plums, remove the stones and place the halves, cut sides up, in the
bottom of the pan. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, blend together the flour, sugar, and oil until the
flour is evenly moistened. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg,
ginger, and cloves. Add the spice mixture to the flour mixture and blend well.
5. Add the vanilla and almond extracts and
the salt and mix well.
6. Pour the batter carefully over the plums. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until
a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes
before inverting onto a serving plate.
7. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.