Queen of Puddings Veg
Hot Vegetarian Desserts
3 heaped tbsp Jam
The grated rind
of 1/2 a Lemon
2 Eggs, separated
2 teasp Lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease an ovenproof pie
dish. Place half the jam in the bottom of the pie dish and set aside.
2. Put the milk in a saucepan with the lemon rind, and bring slowly to
Place the breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl together with 75g/3 oz of the
sugar and beat well then slowly pour the hot milk over the egg yolk mixture
4. Strain the milk mixture over the breadcrumbs then pour the mixture over
the jam in the greased pie dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes until firm.
In a small bowl, mix together the jam
and the lemon juice. Set aside.
6. Once cooked, remove the pudding from the oven and raise the temperature to 200C,
Gas Mark 6.
In a clean bowl,
whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold in the remaining sugar.
8. Spread the pudding a with the jam and lemon juice mixture, then pile
the egg whites on top smoothing it evenly.
Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.