Ricotta Flan Veg
Dried Fruit Nuts Alcohol
Puddings Italy Mediterranean Europe
For the pastry
Grated rind of 1
3-6 tbsp Milk
1 heaped tbsp
2 tbsp Honey
5 tbsp Marsala or
25g/1oz Pine Kernels
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7.
2. In a large mixing bowl, rub the butter into the flour until it
resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the almonds, sugar and orange zest and mix well,
then gradually add the milk and mix together.
4. Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly to make a firm, smooth dough.
5. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 25cm/10
inch flan dish.
Line with greaseproof or parchment paper
and fill with baking beans.
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove the beans and paper
cook for a further 5 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, place the sultanas, Marsala or sherry
and honey in a large
saucepan and heat gently, stirring constantly, until the honey has melted.
8. Remove from the heat and add the ricotta and pine kernels. Mix well.
9. Remove the flan from the oven and reduce the temperature to 180C, 350F,
Gas mark 4.
10. Pour the ricotta mixture into the pastry case, sprinkle with a little
nutmeg then return to the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. Allow
to cool slightly before serving or serve cold.
Dessert Recipes |