Tangy Blackberry Fool Veg
DP British 40mins
4 Cold Vegetarian
tbsp Lemon Juice
Fresh Blackberries, washed
fl.oz. Double Cream
1. Warm the custard then stir in the egg
yolk and butter.
2. Add the chopped bananas, lemon juice,
nutmeg, sugar and a few drops of vanilla
essence and stir well. Cool quickly by standing the pan in cold water and stirring vigorously.
3. Whisk the egg white until very stiff then
fold into the custard. Add most of the blackberries,
reserving a few for decoration and divide the mixture between 4 glasses.
4. Whip the cream, spread over the custard and
decorate with reserved blackberries.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.