and Leek Pasta HT
Serves 4 Pork Vegetables
Pasta Main Course Eggless
An easy, quick and economical dish to prepare ideal for mid
week suppers. Try using flavoured pasta for a change such as spinach or tomato.
350g/12oz Short Cut Pasta e.g. Conchiglie (shells), Macaroni, Fusilli (spirals)
450g/1lb Back or Streaky Bacon, cut in thin strips
3 Medium Leeks, washed and thinly sliced
240ml/8fl.oz. Crème Fraîche
Salt and Black pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add salt then add the pasta and
cook for 8 – 10 minutes until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan until hot then add the bacon
and leeks and sauté for 5-6 minutes, turning from time to time.
3. Add the crème fraîche, mix well and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Once tender, drain the pasta in a colander, immediately return to the rinsed
out pan and add the leek mixture. Mix well, season with plenty of black pepper
and serve immediately.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.