Creamy Spinach Pasta HT
Serves 4 Vegetarian Vegetables Main Course
225g/8oz Short cut Pasta e.g. Shells, Spirals, Macaroni
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
225g/8oz Fresh Spinach, washed and shredded
540ml/18fl.oz. Cheese Sauce
Salt and Black Pepper
25g/1oz Cheddar Cheese
25g/1oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5. Bring a large pan of water to the
boil then add a generous amount of salt and the pasta and bring back to the
boil, stirring from time to time. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for about 10
minutes until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté
gently for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until softened. Set
3. Once the pasta has cooked, drain well and return to the rinsed out pan
together with the cheese sauce, spinach, onion mixture, salt and pepper. Heat
gently for a few minutes, mixing well, then transfer to an oven proof dish.
4. Mix together the cheese and breadcrumbs, sprinkle over the pasta and bake for
about 20 minutes until browned.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.