Cheesy Grilled Haddock HT
4 Fish Main Course Eggless
This is a quick dish to prepare and a good source of
protein and calcium for all the family. Good served with grilled tomatoes, peas
675g/1˝lb Haddock Fillet
A little Oil
3 level tbsp Flour
100g/4oz Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the grill to medium hot. Skin the fish and cut into 4 portions. Place
on the grill rack, brush with oil and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side
depending on how think the pieces are.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes,
stirring, then remove from the heat. Pour in the milk gradually, stirring all
the time then return the mixture to the heat and bring to the boil. Cook until
3. Remove from heat then stir in 75g/3oz of the cheese and season to taste.
4. Place the cooked fish side by side in a shallow heatproof serving dish, cover
evenly with the sauce then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and grill for a
few minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.