Cheesy Stuffed Courgettes HT
Serves 4 Vegetarian Vegetables Herbs Main Course Gluten
4 Large Courgettes ( zucchini )
4 tbsp Onions, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
100g/4oz Cheddar Cheese
1 Egg Yolk
1 tbsp Fresh Oregano, chopped
Salt and Black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease a shallow ovenproof
dish. Cut the courgettes in half lengthways. Scoop out the middles making sure
to leave a sturdy shell to hold the filling, then roughly chop the scooped out
flesh and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onions and garlic and fry gently for
3-4 minutes, until soft.
3. Stir in the chopped courgette flesh, 3/4 of the cheese, egg yolk, oregano and
seasoning to taste. Divide into 8 and use to fill the courgette shells.
3. Arrange in the ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake
for 35 minutes, until tender and golden. Serve immediately.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.