Cod and Bean Stew HT
4 Fish Pulses Herbs Main Course Gluten Wheat
This is a quickly prepared but satisfying dish so there's no need
to serve potatoes or other carbohydrates with it - just some fresh
veggies. Great for a winter's day.
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, very finely chopped
2 tbsp Freshly chopped Thyme, chopped
1 Small Red Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 x 400g/14oz tin Cannellini Beans, drained
150ml/5fl.oz. Fresh Fish Stock
2 Onions, halved and thinly sliced
4 Cod Steaks
1. Heat half the oil in a medium saucepan then add the garlic and sauté gently
2. Add the thyme and chilli, cook for 1 minute then add the beans, stock salt
and pepper and bring to the boil, stirring.
3. Reduce the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan. Stir in the onions, add 2 tbsp
water, cover tightly and simmer very gently for 20 minutes until very soft,
5. 15 minutes before the onions are cooked, preheat the grill to medium hot.
Brush the cod steaks with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 3-5
minutes on each side or until cooked through.
6. To serve - place the bean stew on a serving plate(s), top with the onion
mixture then place the fish on top. Serve immediately.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.