Cottage Pie HT MC 45mins
4 Lamb Vegetables Herbs Main Course Gluten
Wheat Free Eggless
An excellent family dish with incorporates lots of veggies though
you can serve extra vegetables such as cabbage on the side.
2 tbsp Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Carrots, chopped
450g/1lb Lean Minced Lamb
3 Tomatoes, chopped
1 Heaped teasp Dried Mixed Herbs
3 teasp Worcestershire Sauce (check ingredients label)
300ml/10 fl.oz. Stock
Salt and Pepper
100g/4oz Frozen Peas
100g/4oz Sweetcorn Kernels
50g/2oz Mature Cheddar, grated
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks, place in a large pan of salted water,
bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes or until soft. Preheat the oven to
200C, 400F, Gas mark 6.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan add the onions and carrots and
fry gently for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the mince and brown then add the chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs,
Worcestershire sauce, stock, salt and pepper. Stir well, partially cover and
cook for at least 15 minutes, stirring from time to time. The longer you cook
the mince, the more developed the flavour will be.
3. Once cooked, drain the potatoes well then return to the pan and mash until
4. Stir the peas and sweetcorn into the mince then transfer the mixture to an
ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potato. You will find it easier to place
small spoonfuls of potato around the outside first, gradually smoothing these
together, then placing more spoonfuls in the centre, again gradually smoothing
5. Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the top and bake in the oven for 25-30
minutes until golden brown.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.