Meatballs in Tomato Sauce HT
4 Beef Herbs Vegetables
Spices Main Course Eggless
Kids (and adults) will love this fun to eat dish. Serve it with
long spaghetti and a fresh green salad. It's economical too.
240ml/8fl.oz. Beef Stock
1 x 400g/14oz tin Chopped Tomatoes
A pinch of Sugar
1 level teasp Dried Thyme
Salt and Pepper
1 Large Onion, finely chopped or grated
450g/1lb Lean Minced Beef
4 tbsp Fresh Breadcrumbs
3 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1 teasp Paprika
Flour for dusting
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Place the stock, tomatoes, sugar and thyme in a medium sized saucepan. Season
well with salt and pepper and bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce the heat,
cover and simmer gently for 15 -20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile place the mince, breadcrumbs, parsley, onion, paprika, salt and
pepper in a large mixing bowl and mix well with your hands then form into balls
about the size of a large walnut, making sure you squeeze the meat to compact
3. Roll each meatball in flour to give a light coating on all sides.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot then add half the meatballs and
brown on all sides. Remove the browned meatballs with a slotted spoon, reheat
the oil, adding a little extra if necessary, and brown the remaining meatballs.
5. Pour off any excess oil from the frying pan, return all the meatballs to the
frying pan in one layer, then pour the tomato sauce over the meatballs and
simmer for 15 minutes, turning the meatballs once or twice during cooking.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.