Gammon with Pineapple HT MC
4 Pork Bacon Fruit Main Course Gluten
Wheat Dairy free Eggless
The sweetness and interesting shape of the pineapple slices make
this a firm favourite with kids - both young and old. Serve it with a
mixture of peas and sweetcorn and some creamy mash.
4 Gammon Steaks
225g/8oz Soft Brown Sugar
1 x 200g/7oz tin Pineapple Slices in syrup
2 teasp Worcestershire Sauce (check ingredients label)
1. Snip the fat of the gammon steaks at intervals to prevent them from curling
when cooking. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. Drain the pineapple rings, reserving the juice. In a bowl mix together the
pineapple juice, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Lay the gammon steaks in the grill pan which has been lined with foil. Spoon
over half the pineapple juice mixture then grill on one side for 5 minutes,
basting once or twice. Turn the steaks over, baste with the remaining juice and
cook for 5 minutes.
4. Cut the pineapple rings in half and place on top of each gammon steak. Baste
with the juices and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.