Lamb's Liver and Bacon HT MC
4 Offal Pork Herbs Main course
Lamb's liver is a good choice if your family don't like strong
tasting offal. Not only is it delicious and highly nutritious but very
economical too. For an even milder flavour, you can use Calves' liver.
450g/1lb Lamb's Liver
25g/1oz Plain Flour
Salt and Pepper
1 teasp Dried Sage or Thyme
1 tbsp Oil
1 Onion, sliced
8-12 Rashers of Back Bacon
120ml/4 fl.oz. Stock
1. Wash and dry the liver and coat with flour which has been seasoned with the
salt, pepper and sage.
2. Preheat the grill to hot. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan. Add
the onion and fry gently until transparent but not brown. Push to the sides of
the pan then add the liver and cook for 4 -5 minutes each side depending on it's
3. Meanwhile, grill the bacon for 2-3 minutes each side until crispy.
4. Remove the liver from the frying pan and keep warm. Add the stock to the pan
and cook until thickened. Serve with the liver and bacon.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.