Lamb Pilaf HT
Serves 4 Lamb Leftovers
Vegetables Grains Dried Fruit Spices Herbs Nuts Main Course Gluten Wheat Free
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
½ teasp Ground Cumin
½ teasp Ground Cinnamon
450g/1lb Cooked Lamb, shredded
1 tbsp Tomato Purée
250g/9oz Long-grain Rice
600ml/20fl.oz. Fresh Stock
225g/8oz Frozen peas
2 Bay Leaves
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
50g/2oz Flaked Almonds
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic, and
sauté gently for about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the cumin and cinnamon and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the lamb, tomato purée and rice to the saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes,
stirring to coat.
4. Stir in the stock, peas, bay leaves, parsley, raisins, almonds, salt and
pepper, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and cook gently for 15-20
minutes, stirring from time to time, until the rice is tender and the stock has
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.