Courgette Omelettes HT
Serves 4 Vegetarian Vegetables Main
These individual mini omelettes are fun to eat and a sure way to
get your kids to eat veggies. Serve with a fresh
8 Smallish Courgettes ( zucchini )
6 Eggs, beaten
1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
75g/3oz Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Black Pepper
4 tbsp Flour
4 Spring Onions, sliced
1. Coarsely grate the courgettes into a bowl and squeeze out the excess
moisture. Wrap in several layers of kitchen paper and squeeze out as much
moisture as you can.
2. Transfer the courgettes to a mixing bowl. Stir in the eggs, garlic, Parmesan
cheese, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Sift in the flour and
mix well. The batter should be of a slightly thick dropping consistency - add a
little more flour if necessary.
3. Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat and add 25g/1oz of the butter
and 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Drop tablespoonfuls of the batter into the pan,
well spaced out. (Each omelet should be about 7cm/3 inches in diameter.) Fry the
omelettes for about 1 minute, then turn them over with a palette knife or
spatula and fry on the other side for about 1 minute, or until golden.
4. Transfer the omelettes to a warmed serving dish. Keep them warm in the oven
whilst you fry the remaining omelets in the same way, adding a little more
butter and olive oil to the pan between each session.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.