Chilli Tacos HT MC 45mins
Pork Pulses Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
This is a fun dish to eat for all the family. If your kids aren't
used to eating chilli, we suggest you only use half the amount of chilli powder
the first couple of times you make this.
1 teasp Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
300g/11oz Minced Pork
400g/14oz Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
400g/14oz Tinned Kidney Beans, drained
1 level teasp Chilli Powder
1 Bay Leaf
2 Green Capsicums (sweet Pepper) deseeded and chopped
12 Corn Tortillas
Fresh Salsa - Find salsa recipes
Grated Cheese (Optional)
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and
2. Add the minced pork and cook until golden brown on all sides.
3. Add the remaining ingredients apart from the tortillas, mix well, bring to
the boil then reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer for 30 minutes,
4. Meanwhile, stack the tortillas, wrap in aluminium foil and place in a warm
oven to heat through whilst the sauce is cooking.
To serve – place everything on the table and allow diners to help themselves.
The idea is to place some of the meat mixture on a tortilla, top with a little
salsa, sour cream, cheese and lettuce then roll it up to eat it.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.