Salmon and Potato Slice HT
4 Fish Vegetables Main course Gluten Wheat free
Don't be put off by the 55 minute timing as 40 minutes of that is
the baking of the dish during which time you can do other things. Salmon is
classed as an oily fish which is a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids - great
for the whole family.
675g/1˝lb Potatoes with their skin, thinly sliced
75g/3oz Melted Butter
Salt and Black Pepper
675g/1˝lb Thick Salmon fillet, skinned
4 tbsp Single Cream
˝ teasp Celery Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180C, 350F, Gas mark 6 and grease a shallow 18x25cm/ 7x10inch
ovenproof dish. Partly cook the potatoes in water or stock for 4-5 minutes; the
slices must remain whole. Drain and refresh under cold water then drain again.
2. Line the greased dish with half of the potatoes, brushing with butter and
sprinkling with a few celery seeds, salt and pepper between each layer.
3. Cut the fish into chunks, lay over the potato, season with salt and pepper
and drizzle the cream over the top.
4. Top with the remaining potato slices as before then bake for 40 minutes or
until the fish and potatoes are cooked through and the top is golden brown and
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.