Sesame Pork with Beansprouts
HT MC 20mins
4 Hot Pork Vegetables Main Course Dairy Free
Make this a one-pot meal by stirring in some cooked noodles just
before serving. The sesame seeds not only add an interesting nutty flavour and
texture but are also a good source of protein and calcium. Excellent served with
steamed Bok-Choy on the side.
200g/7oz Pork Fillet
2 teasp Cornflour
½ teasp Salt
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Spring Onions, chopped into 2.5cm/1 inch lengths
1 teasp Sesame Seeds
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 teasp Sugar
90ml/3fl.oz. Stock or Water
1. Slice the pork very thinly into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cornflour and salt then add the pork slices
and mix well to coat on all sides.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan or wok until very hot. Add the
pork and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and
4. Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat until very hot then add the
beansprouts and sesame seeds and stir fry for 1 minute.
5. Return the pork to the pan together with the sugar, stock and soy sauce.
Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.