Smoked Haddock & Spinach Pasta HT
Serves 4 Fish Herbs Vegetables
Main Course Eggless
An easy to prepare family meal ideal for mid week suppers. Nice
served with grilled tomatoes.
225g/8oz Short cut Pasta e.g. conchiglie (shells), Spirals, Bows
450g/1lb Smoked Haddock, skinned
Salt and Black Pepper
A large knob of Butter
450g/1lb Baby Spinach Leaves
240ml/8fl.oz. Sour Cream or Crème Fraîche
2 level tbsp freshly chopped Chives
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add plenty of salt and the pasta
and cook for 8-10 minutes until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, season the haddock with salt and pepper.
3. Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the haddock and sauté over a
medium heat for 2–4 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Remove from
the pan with a fish slice, flake into large pieces then cover with foil to keep
4. Add the spinach to the frying pan and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring from
time to time until just wilted.
5. Drain the pasta well then return to the saucepan together with the flaked
haddock, spinach, sour cream, chives, lemon juice, salt and stir gently over a
low/medium heat until well mixed and heated through. Serve immediately.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.