Stir Fried Beef with Broccoli HT
Serves 4 Beef Vegetables Main Course Dairy Free
400g/14oz Lean Steak , e.g. Rump, Sirloin
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
Salt and White Pepper
1 teasp Cornflour
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 teasp finely chopped Root Ginger
200g/7oz tinned Bamboo Shoots, drained
1. Cut the beef into very thin strips about 5cm/2 inch long then place in a
large mixing bowl together with the sesame oil, salt and white pepper Mix well
and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, divide the broccoli into small florets and cut the remaining stems
into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces. Place broccoli in a pan of boiling water and cook 2
minutes. Immediately rinse in cold water; drain well and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together cornflour, stock and Soy sauce. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok until
very hot, then add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the beef, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes then remove the beef from the pan and
6. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the pan or wok until very hot then add
the bamboo shoots and broccoli and stir-fry fir 2-3 minutes then add the been
and mix well before stirring in the cornflour mixture and soy sauce. Cook for a
further 1-2 minutes, stirring, until heated through. Serve immediately.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.