Turkey with Apples HT
4 Poultry Fruit Herbs Vegetables Main
Course Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
This is a quick and easy recipe which has the added advantage of
introducing even more nutrients by way of the apples. Serve it with creamy mash
and a green vegetable.
Cabbage with Bacon would be a good choice.
2 tbsp Olive Oil
4 Turkey Breasts
Salt and Black Pepper
A Knob of Butter
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
2 Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
˝ teasp Dried Sage
1. Cut each turkey breasts into three pieces and season the turkey with salt and
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan then add to the pan and sauté gently for
4-5 minutes on each side until browned.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil and butter in a large saucepan then add the
onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add the apples to the onions and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes until the
apples are just beginning to soften, then remove apples and set them aside.
5. Slowly add the stock to the onion, mixing well then raise the heat, add the
sage and bring to the boil. Continue to boil for a few minutes until the sauce
is slightly reduced and starts to thicken.
6. Add the apples and cooked turkey to the sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes,
spooning the sauce over the turkey. Serve hot.
More Family Friendly Recipes
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.