Baked Stuffed Salmon
HT MC Canadian 90mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish Pork Vegetables
Course Eggless Canada Nth America North American
1 Whole Fresh Salmon (approx 1kg/2.2lb in weight)
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
50g/2oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
Salt and Black Pepper
4 Fresh Sage leaves, shredded
1 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
1 teasp Worcestershire Sauce
8 rashers Streaky Bacon
Lemon Wedges to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly oil a shallow oven
tin. Clean and de-scale the fish and wash in cold water. Dry on kitchen paper
and set aside
2. Melt butter in frying pan add the onions and sauté gently for 5 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients plus enough water to moisten and mix well.
4. Stuff the cavity of the fish with the breadcrumb mixture then tie with string
at intervals of about 5cm/2-inches.
5. Place the fish on the oiled baking tin, lay the strips of bacon evenly over
the top and bake for about 1 hour, or until flesh flakes easily.
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.