HT MC Portuguese 110mins
Portuguese name: Allula Guisado
Serves 4 Hot Fish
Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless Portugal
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 large Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
675g/1 ˝ lb Squid, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
4 Tomatoes, chopped
1 teasp Paprika
2 large Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 tbsp Wine Vinegar
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for
about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the squid, tomatoes, paprika, salt and sufficient water to just cover,
bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for at least 1 ˝ hours,
stirring from time to time and adding more water to ensure the mixture is always
3. Add the diced potatoes, mix well then re-cover and continue to cook for a
further 30 minutes.
4. Just before serving, stir in the vinegar.
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.