Chilli Baked Crab
HT MC Sri Lankan 45mins
Serves 4 Hot Shellfish
Seafood Vegetables Spices Main Course Gluten Wheat Diary Free Eggless Sri Lanka Ceylon
Ceylonese Asia Asian
2-3 Medium sized Cooked Crabs
1 large Potato, boiled and mashed
1 large Tomato, diced
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 large Onion, finely chopped
4 Green Chillies, finely chopped
2 tbsp Lime Juice
1 Carrot , grated
1 teasp Curry Powder
Salt and Black pepper
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 150C, 300F, gas Mark 2. Separate the claws from the crabs
using a twisting motion and crack them with a crab cracker or hammer, and remove
the crab meat and place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Place the bodies of the crabs on their backs then firmly pull the bodies away
from the shells (with the legs still attached). Wash two of the top shells well
and reserve for serving.
3. Remove and discard the grey stomach sac and gills then remove the dark and
white crab meat from the body and legs and add to the mixing bowl.
4. Add the remaining ingredients into the crab meat, mix well then pack into the
washed top shells of the crabs.
5. Place the filled crab shells onto a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
Serve hot with rice.
More Crab Recipes |
Seafood & Fish Recipes | More
Sri lankan Recipes