Chilli Grilled Razor Clams with Thyme
HT MC 35mins
Serves 4 Hot
Shellfish Seafood Herbs Spices
Main Course Eggless
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 small Red Onion, very finely chopped
1 Small Fresh Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
Salt and Pepper
180ml/6fl.oz. Water or light Fish Stock
1kg/2lb.2oz Fresh Live Razor Clams, (in their shells) washed and drained
100g/4oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
50g/2oz Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
25g/1oz Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
Lemon Wedges to serve
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and sauté for
about 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
2. Add the chilli and garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, for 1-2
minutes then add the thyme, water or stock, salt and pepper and bring to the
boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the razor clams, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 4-5 minutes,
or until the clams open then remove the razor clams from the pan, discarding any
clams that haven't opened. Reserve the remaining contents of the pan.
4. Preheat the grill to hot. Remove the meat from the shells. Cut away the dark
sac then and cut the clams into three or four pieces then return to the pan
containing the onion mixture and mix well.
5. Place the razor clam shells into the grill pan in a single layer, then using
a slotted spoon, divide the clam and vegetable mixture between the shells.
6. Mix the breadcrumbs and cheeses together in a mixing bowl, then sprinkle over
the filled shells and grill for 3 – 5 minutes or until the topping is crisp and
golden-brown. Serve with lemon wedges.
Clams Cooking, Prep & Information |
More Spring Recipes
Fish Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.