Curry Parcels HT MC Cambodian
Cambodian Name: Amok Trei
Hot Fish Spices Vegetables Main Course Dairy free Cambodia Asia
1 Garlic Clove, chopped
1 Red Onion, chopped
5cm/2-inches fresh Root Galangal, chopped or ½ teasp Ground Galangal
2 tbsp chopped Lemon Grass or 2 teasp Ground Lemon Grass
½ teasp Ground Turmeric
1 teasp Paprika
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Sugar
½ teasp salt
1 x 400g/14oz tin Coconut Milk
450g/1lb White Fish Fillets, e.g.
(Catfish, Cod, Haddock, Sole, Orange Roughy)
4-8 Banana leaves (depending on size) or or 8 large Dark Green Cabbage
1. Place the garlic, onion, galangal, lemon grass, turmeric, paprika, fish sauce
and sugar in a blender or food processor and process until well blended.
2. Add the coconut milk and process again until thoroughly mixed.
3. Transfer the coconut mixture to a
medium saucepan and bring to simmering point, stirring. Continue to cook gently
for about 10 minutes until thickened.
4. Meanwhile, if using cabbage greens, place them in a large saucepan,
cover with boiling water and set aside to soften. If using banana leaves, cut
into pieces about 20cm/8-inches square.
5. Place the fish in a bowl, season with
a little salt then pour over half the hot coconut sauce and mix well. Set the
remaining sauce aside.
6. Place 1/8th of the fish mixture in the centre of each leaf and fold the edges
over to form secure parcels, making sure you tuck the edges under.
Steam the parcels for 1 hour.
7. 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, gently reheat the remaining
8. To serve - make a small opening down the
centre of each parcel and spoon the remaining coconut sauce into the opening.
Serve immediately with rice.
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times
| More Cambodian