Pie HT MC New Zealand 60mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish Seafood Spices Pies Main Course Australasia Oceania
1 small Onion, chopped
˝ teasp Curry Powder
2 tbsp Plain Flour
675g/1˝lb Smoked fish, cut into chunks
400g/14oz Puff Pastry
A little Beaten Egg
1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, add the onion and sauté gently for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
2. Add the curry powder, stir well then sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
3. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly and continue to cook until thickened then remove from heat.
4. Add the fish and black pepper,
mix gently then set aside to cool.
5. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7. Roll the pastry out thinly then use half of it to line a pie plate.
6. Transfer the fish mixture into the pastry case, and dampen edges of the pastry with a little beaten egg then use the remaining pastry to form a lid, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Knock back the pastry edges then crimp into a decorative style either using your fingers or a fork. Brush the top with beaten egg and bake for about 20 minutes until golden.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes | General Fish Prep & Cooking Times | Types of Fish