Fish With Harissa
HT MC Tunisian 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish Vegetables
Herbs Main Course
Dairy Free Eggless Tunisia Nth Africa North African
900g/2lb Thick White Fish Fillets
Salt And Pepper
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
240ml/8fl.oz. tinned Tomatoes, pureed
˝ teasp Harissa
1 Bay Leaf
200g/7oz Black Olives, pitted
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Freshly chopped Parsley to garnish
1. Season the fish with salt and pepper then dust with flour.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the fish and fry on both sides until
golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the frying pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes,
stirring from time to time.
4. Add the pureed tomatoes, harissa, bay leaf and water and cook, stirring from
time to time, for 10 minutes.
5. Return the fish fillets to the pan together with the olives a and continue
cooking for about 10 minutes or until the fish is tender.
6. Just before serving, discard the bay leaf and stir in the lemon juice. Serve
immediately sprinkled with parsley.
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
More Tunisian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.