Fish in Chilli Coconut Milk
HT MC Colombian 50mins
Colombian Name: Sabalo Guisado con Coco
Serves 4 Hot
Fish Vegetables Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
Eggless Colombia South American Sth America
900g/2lb Fish Fillets eg. Mackerel, Shad, Bass, Snapper cut into 4 pieces
3 Tomatoes, chopped
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 fresh Chillies, halved lengthways and deseeded
Salt and Black Pepper
960ml/32fl.oz. Coconut Milk
120ml/4fl.oz. Coconut Cream
1. Place the fish fillets in a shallow flameproof casserole, cover with the
tomatoes and onions then lay the chilli halves on top.
2. Season with salt and pepper then pour in the coconut milk over the top. Bring
to simmering point and simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the fish cooked
3. Carefully remove the fish from the casserole, transfer to a warmed serving
platter and keep warm.
4. Remove the chilli halves then raise the heat and boil the cooking liquor
until reduced by half.
5. Stir in the coconut cream, heat through then strain over the fish fillets.
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
More Colombian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.