Fish in Horseradish
Sauce CD MC Polish
25mins plus cooling and chilling
Polish Name: Ryba w Sosie Chrzanowym
Serves 4 Cold Fish Main
Course Poland Eastern Europe
1.2L/40fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
4 Fish Fillets e.g. Carp or Pike
3 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Plain Flour
190ml/6fl.oz. Creamed Horseradish Sauce
1 teasp Sugar
180ml/4fl.oz. Sour Cream
2 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
Shredded Lettuce to garnish
1. Place the fish in a large saucepan together with the stock, bring to
simmering point then cook for 6 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
2. Remove the fish from the stock, arrange on a serving platter, allow to cool
then cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator.
3. Strain the fish cooking liquor and allow to cool.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook over a medium heat,
stirring well, for 2 minutes.
5. Gradually add 240ml/8fl.oz. of the cool fish stock, stirring constantly then
continue to cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in horseradish, sugar, salt, sour cream and
eggs. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then pour over the chilled fish and garnish
with shredded lettuce.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |