Gesmoorde Snoek HT
MC South African 40mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish Main Course S. African
4 Large Potatoes, peeled and quartered
3 Large Onions, finely chopped
900g/2lb Smoked Snoek, boned and flaked
Worcestershire Sauce, to taste
Freshly ground Black Pepper and Nutmeg to taste
1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with salted water, bring to the
boil and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat 75g/3oz of the butter in a large saucepan, add the onions
and sauté over a low heat until soft and transparent.
3. Drain the potatoes well then cut into small cubes.
4. Add the potatoes and flaked fish to the onions, mixing well then add the
remaining butter, Worcestershire sauce to taste, pepper and nutmeg. Stir over a
medium heat until the butter has melted and mixture is well combined. Serve
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.