A Weekday Menu Recipe
Sea Bass with Chilli
4 Hot Fish Herbs Vegetables Main Course Gluten Wheat
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
5cm/2-inch Fresh Root Ginger, finely shredded
1 red Chili, deseeded and finely sliced
2 Shallots, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tbsp of Tomato Paste
1 tbsp Water
4 large Tomatoes, diced
4 Sea Bass Fillets
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander
Salt and pepper
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small saucepan, add the ginger, chilli,
shallots and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring from time to time.
2. Add the tomato paste and water and cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring.
Add the diced tomato, salt and pepper and leave to cook gently whilst you cook
4. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Season the fish with salt and
pepper then add to the frying pan, skin side down, and fry over a high
heat for 3-4 minutes or until the skin is browned and crispy.
5. Reduce the heat to medium
then turn the fish over using a fish slice and continue to cook for about 5
minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
6. Add the butter and coriander to the tomato mixture, stirring well.
Serve the fish topped with the sauce.
Serving Suggestions :
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.