Greek Style Calamari HT
MC Greek 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Seafood Main Course
Gluten Wheat Free Dairy Free Greece Mediterranean Europe
120ml/4fl.oz. Olive Oil
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
1 Aubergine (eggplant), sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
2 Tomatoes, chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
12 Whole baby Squid, peeled and cleaned
The Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Basil
1. Place the oil, onion and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat and cook
until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the aubergine and cook until just softened then add the tomatoes and
lemon juice and zest, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes until
the mixture softens and breaks down.
3. Add the calamari, and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning, until just opaque.
4. Add the basil and toss well. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
More Greek Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.