Prawns in Red Sauce HT MC
4 Hot Seafood Shellfish Main Course
Gluten Wheat Dairy free Mauritius
12 Raw King Prawns
1 Large Onion, finely chopped
1 x 400g/14oz tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 teasp finely grated Ginger
2 tbsp Tomato Paste (check ingredients)
1 sprig of Thyme
1 tbsp freshly
1 Hard-boiled Egg, sliced
1. Shell prawns,
reserving the tail pieces and shells and remove the central vein from each
prawn. Set aside.
2. Place the shells in a food processor or blender and process to form a
3. Place the shell
paste in a medium saucepan together with the water, bring to the boil and
continue to boil until reduced by half.
4. Transfer the shell sauce back to the food processor and blend until smooth
then pass through a very fine sieve. Set aside.
5. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and sauté until soft and
6. Add the garlic,
ginger and tomato paste, mix well and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add the
reserved shell sauce, chopped tomatoes, thyme and parsley. Mix well and simmer
over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
8. Add the prawns
and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
9. To serve - transfer to a warmed serving dish and decorate with the sliced
boiled eggs. Serve immediately.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.