Malagache Prawn and Chicken Curry
MC Madagascan 45mins
Hot Poultry Seafood Shellfish Main Course Dairy Free
Eggless Madagascar African Africa
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
2 Onions, chopped
1 teasp ground Turmeric
1 tbsp Mild Curry Powder
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
25g/1oz freshly chopped Ginger
1 teasp Dried Thyme
1 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 x 400g/14oz tin Coconut Milk
20 large Raw Prawns, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander
A squeeze of Fresh Lime Juice
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan add the chicken and fry until golden brown
on all sides.
2. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and sauté until softened, stirring from
time to time.
3. Meanwhile, place the turmeric and curry powder in a small bowl with just
enough water to make a paste.
4. Add the curry paste to the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes mixing well, then
add the salt, thyme, parsley and tomatoes. Mix well, cover and continue cook
for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
5. Add the coconut milk and prawns and cook for about 5 minutes or until the
prawns are pink and cooked through.
6. Add the chopped coriander and lime juice, and mix well. Serve immediately.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.