Cakes HT MC Canadian 60mins plus soaking
Serves 4 Hot Fish Vegetables
Fishcakes Main Course Dairy Free Eggless Canada Nth America North American
450g/1lb Dried Saltfish (Salted Cod), pre-soaked in hot water for 2 hours
4 Medium Potatoes
6 Spring Onions (green and white parts), chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
Plain Flour for coating
Oil for shallow frying
1. Drain the soaked fish, place in a large saucepan of cold water, bring to the
boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Place in a saucepan of
salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes until soft.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain well then return to the saucepan and mash
4. Drain the fish well and shred into bite-sized pieces, removing any bones as
5. Add the fish pieces to the mashed potatoes together with the spring onion and
plenty of black pepper and mix well.
6. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and form into balls. Flatten the
balls into a patties about 2.5cm/1-inch thick then roll in flour to coat on all
7. Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot, add the fishcakes and fry for
about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown. Drain on
kitchen paper. Serve hot.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |